Finding products under $50 is certainly no accomplishment when shopping at IKEA, the cheap-item superstore. Locating their best quality products under $50, on the other hand, isn’t as easy as you might think. I’ve narrowed down my list of legitimately great and IKEA-trip-worthy products with under $50 price tags (ranging from $12.99 to $49.99).
1. OLUNDA Framed picture ($29.99) – If you’re in the market for something pretty to fill that awkward space on your wall, this OLUNDA framed picture is just what you need. It’s quite a steal at only $30 with it’s lovely ombré styling and raised presentation (it’s more like a shadow box than a matted print, making it my favorite piece of art IKEA offers).
2. HÄMTA Carafe ($12.99) – The HÄMTA carafe is probably the one IKEA item I utilize the most. I had been searching for a large carafe with a drip-free spout for a while and most options I found cost upwards of $50. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I discovered this beauty at only $13! I own two of these (I’m buying a third on my next IKEA trip) and couldn’t be happier with them. Use them for cocktails or wine at parties as they greatly improve table presentation. If you’re concerned about having trouble cleaning it, check out Reidel’s bottle cleaning beads ($12).
3. VITTSJÖ Coffee table ($49.99) – This is one of IKEA’s most versatile coffee tables and can’t be beaten for the price. It can easily be painted in any shade you like (I recommend gold or white) and the bottom shelf is removable if you’re going for a sleek, modern look. You can even place two next to each other if you have a large living space, although if that were the situation I would probably recommend the VITTSJÖ nesting tables (only $10 more and just as easy to customize).
4. MORUM Flatwoven rug ($39.99) – If you have an empty hallway in your home, nothing will make it look better than a nice runner. The MORUM flatwoven rug is the perfect size for any number of hallways and will match anything with its neutral color and simple weave pattern. Larger MORUM rugs can run you up to $139.
5, SLITBAR Chef’s knive ($49.99) – Can’t shell out for an expensive, brand-name knife? IKEA’s SLITBAR chef’s knife is the perfect solution. This reasonably-priced knife features a sharp steel blade and a beautiful wooden handle. It’s perfect for cutting through all sorts of things, even meat and difficult-to-chop root vegetables. Not only that, but it comes with a 25-year limited warranty and four other knives (bread knife, utility knife, paring knife and vegetable knife) are featured in the SLITBAR collection.
6. TÄRNÖ Bistro set ($49.99) – For an extremely affordable patio set, the TÄRNÖ collapsible table and chairs set is simply the best. With it’s easy construction (the table requires only two steps for assembly and the chairs are pre-assembled) and simple design, I really love this set for anyone needing cheap outdoor furniture.
7. TERJE Folding chair ($17.99) – I just love this folding chair. Whether you’re using it for temporary seating or not, the TERJE is a classic. If you’ve got a small living space and occasionally need extra chairs, this inexpensive chair (or a few of them) is exactly what you need.
8. BOSNÄS Footstool with storage ($14.99) – Want a cheap footstool? Yes. Would it be better if it featured storage? Double yes. The BOSNÄS footstool with storage has been such a perfect and exceptionally affordable solution to two of our crucial needs. Since its frame is made of steel and it has a cushioned top, you can even use this little guy for extra seating.
9. PS 2014 Duvet cover and pillowcases ($39.99 to $49.99) – I really love the patterns Margrethe Odgaard came up with for IKEA’s PS 2014 collection and I especially love the pattern on this duvet. It’s neutral enough to match a multitude of color schemes but also colorful enough to add a bit of interest to your bedroom.
10. GOSA HASSEL Foam pillow with cover ($19.99) – For a super comfy foam pillow (it’s not memory foam), the GOSA HASSEL is a steal at $20. With a washable cover included and temperature-sensitive foam filling, this affordable pillow is great for everyday or guest room use.